31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
– I still remember how angelic my moms voice was when she would sing this verse. I wish I could hear her sing this one more time.
Oh, deem not they are blest alone
Whose lives a peaceful tenor keep;
The power who pities man, has shown
A blessing for the eyes that weep.
The light of smile shelf fill again
The lids that overflow with tears;
And weary hours of woe and pain
Are promises of happier years.
There is a day of sunny rest
For every dark and troubled night;
And grief may bide an evening guest,
But joy shall come with early light.
And thou, who, o’er thy friend’s low bier,
Dost shed the bitch her drops like rain,
Hope that a brighter, happier sphere
Will give him to thy arms again.
For God hath marked each sorrowing day
And numbered every secret tear,
And Heaven’s long age of bliss shall pay
For all His children suffer here.
WRITTEN BY: William Cullen Bryant
1. “Grief is a most peculiar thing; we’re so helpless in the face of it. It’s like a window that will simply open of it’s own accord. The room was cold, and we can do nothing but shiver. But, it opens a little less each time, and a little less; and one day we wonder what has become of it.” – Arthur Golden
2. You don’t think you live past it and you don’t really. The person you were is gone. But the half of you that still alive wakes up one day and takes over again. – Barbara Kingsolver
3. “For what is it to die, but to stand in the sun and melt into the wind? And when the earth has claimed our limbs, then we shall truly dance.” – Kahlil Gibran
4. “I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have-life itself.” – Walter Anderson
5. “The finest level of my being, you’re still with me. We still look at each other, at that level be on site. We talk and laugh with each other, in a place beyond words. We still touch each other, or the level beyond touch. We share time together in a place, where time stands still. We are still together, on a level called Love. But I like fried alone for you, in a place called reality.” – Richard Lepinsky
Title: 10 Quotes: Stephen King
Published On: September 24
- “…Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
- “The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings – words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out.”
- “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.”
- “Time take it all whether you want it to or not, time takes it all. Time bares it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again.”
- “Fiction is the truth inside the lie.”
- “It’s better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost.”
- “All you need to do is hold on tight…and believe.”
- “You needn’t die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end.”
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.”
- “God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live.”
Title: 10 Quotes: Kurt Cobain
Published On: September 24, 2015
Date of Birth: February 20, 1967
Date of Death: April 05, 1994
- “Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self-esteem.”
- “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you.”
- “If you die you’re completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I’m not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I’ve got.”
- “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than love for who I am not.”
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
- “The duty of youth is to challenge corruption.”
- “We have no right to express an opinion until we know all of the answers.”
- “If you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”
- “I’m so happy, because today, I found my friends – they’re in my head.
- “The worst crime is faking it.”