I’m really excited to have the chance to share this recipe with you guys. The Mexican pizza from Taco Bell is one of my favorite menu items that they have. I might have to give this recipe a spin here very soon!!! Enjoy!
8 ounces of ground beef 1/4 cup of chopped tomato
3 tablespoons of taco seasoning 2/3 of a cup of enchilada sauce
Vegetable oil, for frying 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
Eight 6-inch tortillas 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
1 cup of refried beans
2/3 of a cup of enchilada sauce
1 cup of shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese blend
1. Using your hands, mix together the beef, taco seasoning, and water.
2. Brown the beef mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks; set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. Preheat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees. Fry the tortilla for 30 to 45 seconds per side, until golden brown. When frying each tortilla, be sure to pop any bubbles that form so that the tortilla lies flat in the oil. Drain the tortillas on brown paper bag or paper towels.
5. Assemble each pizza by first spreading ¼ cut of refried beans on a tortilla, then spread with ¼ to 1/3 cup of the meat. Top with a second tortilla. Spread that tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce. Top with one tablespoon of the tomato and ¼ cup of the cheese, then 1 tablespoon each of the green onion and olives.
6. Bake the pizzas in the oven until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy.