Oh, deem not they are blest alone
Whose lives a peaceful tenor keep;
The power who pities man, has shown
A blessing for the eyes that weep.
The light of smile shelf fill again
The lids that overflow with tears;
And weary hours of woe and pain
Are promises of happier years.
There is a day of sunny rest
For every dark and troubled night;
And grief may bide an evening guest,
But joy shall come with early light.
And thou, who, o’er thy friend’s low bier,
Dost shed the bitch her drops like rain,
Hope that a brighter, happier sphere
Will give him to thy arms again.
For God hath marked each sorrowing day
And numbered every secret tear,
And Heaven’s long age of bliss shall pay
For all His children suffer here.
WRITTEN BY: William Cullen Bryant
1. “Grief is a most peculiar thing; we’re so helpless in the face of it. It’s like a window that will simply open of it’s own accord. The room was cold, and we can do nothing but shiver. But, it opens a little less each time, and a little less; and one day we wonder what has become of it.” – Arthur Golden
2. You don’t think you live past it and you don’t really. The person you were is gone. But the half of you that still alive wakes up one day and takes over again. – Barbara Kingsolver
3. “For what is it to die, but to stand in the sun and melt into the wind? And when the earth has claimed our limbs, then we shall truly dance.” – Kahlil Gibran
4. “I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have-life itself.” – Walter Anderson
5. “The finest level of my being, you’re still with me. We still look at each other, at that level be on site. We talk and laugh with each other, in a place beyond words. We still touch each other, or the level beyond touch. We share time together in a place, where time stands still. We are still together, on a level called Love. But I like fried alone for you, in a place called reality.” – Richard Lepinsky
Here are 10 quotes on the topic of love that are my personal favorites:
- “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “The best thing to hold onto in life are each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James A. Baldwin
- “What we have once enjoyed we can never loose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
- “Love is an emotion experienced by the many, but enjoyed by the few.” – George Jean Nathan
- “Love makes your soul come out of its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
- “The best proof of love is trust.” – Joyce Brothers
- “Love dies only when growth stops.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “The first duty of love is to listen.” – Paul Tillich